In the Canton of Zug, you have to register with the Immigration Office ("Amt für Migration") within 14 days of your arrival.
Please find Form A1 for EU citizens and Form A2 for nationals from countries outside the EU/EFTA HERE.
The following documents need to be included in the application (also listed on Form A1):
- A copy of your birth certificate(s)
- A copy of your signed employment contract
- Assertion of residence permit if the workplace is outside the Canton of Zug (only EU-2)
- 2 passport photos (35x45mm) - not dating back longer than 6 months - also for all children once they have completed their 2nd year of age
- Questionnaire: „Health Insurance“ of the Department of Public Health of the Canton of Zug
- A copy of the rental agreement for an apartment or house appropriate to your situation
- When sub-renting/sharing an apartment/house, the housing agency's or the property owner's written approval is also needed
- Confirmation of placement(s) at a school if you have children at school age
- Certificate of custody for children (in the case of sole custody)
Amt für Migration, Aabachstrasse 1, Postfach 857, 6301 Zug
phone: 041 728 50 50, fax 041 728 50 69, firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening times: Monday 08:30 - 11:45 hrs and 14:00 - 18:00 hrs
Tuesday to Friday 08:30 - 11:45 hrs und 14:00 - 17:00 hrs
The Immigration Office of the Canton of Zug will then pass on your registration to the municipality you have moved to. It will send you your residence permit and an invoice in the post.
Nationals from countries outside the EU/EFTA will receive a written invitation to pass by at the Immigration Office of the Canton of Zug in order for them to produce a biometric residence permit. A photo will be taken and your biometric data recorded. A week later, the Immigration Office will send you your biometric residence permit and an invoice in the post.