Please register with the authorities within 14 days of arriving. This can be done at the residents' registration office of the municipality you have moved to, or, if your new home is in the city of Lucerne, at the following address:
Einwohnerdienste, Obergrundstrasse 1, 6002 Lucerne.
Please note the following:
_ EU citizens must register before their first day at work in Switzerland.
_ All members of a family are required to register in person at the residents' registration office
Please bring the following documents with you when you register with the local residents' registration office:
- Passport (for EU/EFTA citizens, a valid identity card is also accepted)
- Employment contract / assertion of employment contract (for EU/EFTA citizens) or
- Assertion of residence permit (when moving to Switzerland as non-EU citizens)
- 1 passport photo
- Registration fee: CHF 35.00
- Health insurance certificate (if already available)
- Rental agreement / apartment or residential property documents for sublets
Once you have registered with the authorities, you will receive a letter inviting you for an interview and requesting you to pick up your residential permit in person at the immigration office. Foreign nationals from outside the EU/EFTA will additionally be registered with biometric data.
Do you need further information regarding your registration with the residents' registration office in the city of Lucerne? See HERE