Tips for property viewings
Here is a list of the most important points to keep in mind when you go to a property viewing.
- You must not cancel viewings on short notice
- Be there on time
- Introduce yourself to the person who is showing you the apartment
- Have questions for him or her
- Open the windows to judge outside noise level
- When viewing top-floor apartments, ask the owners or agent about how hot it gets in the summer (also, the date of the last time the roof was renovated may give you an indication as to what type of insulation there is)
- Ask to see the cellar, too – check for damp issues
- If available, view the commonly used spaces such as bike storage, laundry, garage, etc.
- Try to get an overall impression of the apartment block (is the staircase tidy, what about the immediate surroundings, is there a construction site...?)
- Ideally, try one way accessing the apartment with the lift and the other using the staircase.
- If you feel like it, ask about the neighbours
- You must not forget to take an application form with you at the end.